Thursday, July 04, 2013

Embracing Intentionality

I like to believe that hubs and I are intentional parents... and we are striving to always improve. But of course, we have a long way to go, are struggling everyday, are highly imperfect.

But anyway, we are striving to be better. Therein lies the promise of great things, where our sons are concerned.

Bo Sanchez recently shared this quote that really, really struck me:
DO NOT ASK GOD TO GUIDE YOUR STEPS
IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO MOVE YOUR FEET.

When I pushed for homeschooling because I wanted the opportunity to raise our sons in a better way, with the values that we believe they should have, I guess you could say I moved my feet. I didn't just ask God to secure my sons' future and success. And now, we have begun our baby steps.

The thing with homeschooling though is you start wanting to be even more intentional in your parenting... which is why I am sharing these videos here, with the hope that other parents out there can forgive their parents and start taking responsibility for how they should be as parents to their kids now.

Discipleship Begins At Home
(this was a Father's Day special challenging fathers to take on more active roles in parenting)


Influence the Heart 


Each video is about an hour long... I really hope parents will take it upon themselves to watch them both, and talk about them. You don't have to be deeply spiritual or religious to take away the great message from these talks: that our children need us to model good and right for them to grow up good and right.

No comments: