Monday, February 14, 2005

Two sundays ago... Baby and I attended Mass. Gospel made references to SALT and LIGHT. And the priest said that it was only when he's grown up that he was able to appreciate a local ritual he grew up participating in...

Somewhere in Cordillera... the night before a newlywed moves in, the family will sprinkle salt all over the house. After this ritual, they will gather the salt up and light a candle in the middle... which should keep burning till the next day.

As it turned out, with salt being the thing that gives flavor to food, the ritual intends for the marriage to be full of essence… and the light, of course, to serve as guide for the couple to the right path… to make wise choices…

Baby…

You are the salt of my life. Other things spice my life up, but you’re the one person that has given it meaning and purpose that transcends my puerile wants and my immediate needs…

You’re the one that makes celebrations all the more meaningful…

You add euphoria to my triumphs, and take away the stigma of my failures.

You modify my dreams into something even better.

The salty taste of tears borne from our sadness and happiness will forever remain as a gentle reminder of how much you’ve changed my life.

And of course, you are my light. The one person that guides my decisions, my thoughts, my direction.

I love you and I know I always will. Happy valentines day.

*~*

i'm still very hurt with what happened yesterday... still filled with resentments, some of which are irrational, i know...

it hasn't changed how i feel for you... but...


*~*

Today marks the anniversary of WHEN we decided on a date for the wedding (actually, i've decided on the date of the wedding ever since I was in 1st year HS... regardless of what year, which groom, what kind of celebration it would be..)...

And the 4th year and 11 months we've been in a relationship with each other...

*~*

I do not want to say much about it, lest I spoil the gift and the happiness and unexpected kindness that came with it...

Still, I would like to thank someone and she knows who she is... THANK YOU. No other words to express our gratitude...

No comments: