Sunday, September 30, 2007


Hush, Little Baby

I loved the lullaby when Paige used to sing it for her nephew Wyatt in CHARMED... never really knew the words. So when Py came along and i'd lull him to sleep, i'd sing him the first two lines and hum the rest. He loved it anyway... Rock-A-Bye-Baby and Brahm's Lullaby never did anything for him, but this one always soothed him.

Anyway, it's also one of the songs I think I can sing well enough so I decided to finally look for its lyrics.

Didn't like the 'hush, little baby, don't you cry, momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird..." bit... but I still found versions I liked so I decided to combine them. So here's what i'm taping on the side of Yakee's chest of drawers, so I can memorize it and sing it for him...


Hush little baby, don't you cry
Within your dreams, you can touch the sky
With you in my arms, I feel whole
Because you are my heart and my soul.

Hush little baby, Mama's near,
To brush your hair and calm your fears.
To kiss your cheek and hold your hand,
'Til you drift off to sleepyland.

To help you count those little white sheep,
And sing you songs 'til you're asleep.
To tell you tales of kings and queens,
of Jack and Jill and wonderful things.

So snuggle up and hold me tight,
And dream sweet dreams all through the night.
And every night when the sun goes down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

No comments: