Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Breastfeeding Stories

The Six Finalists to LATCH's Breastfeeding Story Contest include yours truly. However, reading the summaries, I couldn't help but realize how blessed my family have been.

I was endowed with a nipple so pert that I actually worried if my infant can get all of it in his mouth (which is probly why God made Yakee get his lips from his father's side, hehe).

I was lucky to attend two LATCH lectures.

I was blessed with the right socioeconomic background to have other resources and help available to me.

My husband was very supportive, and he even extended his paternity leave (and was in a position to do so).

My baby was born without defects and non-premature, so he had no reason not to nurse well.

The only illness I got in the early months was colds. And our family can get by with a one-income setup so I need not really worry about pumping and storing milk.

My list can go on and on.

We're a lucky family that we can enjoy this liquid gold and all its benefits.

So I really salute all the other families, and especially the committed Moms, who conquered inverted nipples and cancer and working away from home. May our children pass the gift forward... and may it always console you (us) that we gave and did our best.

No comments: