Monday, March 09, 2009

Our March So Far

I have to say, I cannot help but love my husband all the more for being supportive of me as I continue on my breastfeeding advocacy. He took me to the training venue on both days... and we even went on a dinner date last Friday.

Although both tired and sleepy (because Yakee seems to be on another growth spurt whatever), I enjoyed my dinner with him immensely. But what I loved most of all about him this past week is that he didn't go mental on me when I reminded him that he's working too hard, he's forgetting he's also a husband and father, not just a provider. I mean, most guys would go ballistic when more is asked from them.

Now, if only I can remember that i'm not just a wife and mother... but also a woman with something to offer and accomplish.

*~*

Next Saturday, we'd have been involved for NINE YEARS already. When put like that, you can't help but wonder where the years went, how fast it flew.

So many things have already happened to us, in the world, and between us. Sometimes, it feels like it was only yesterday that he first told me he wanted to kiss me. Sometimes, it feels every bit of the nine years. Sometimes, it feels that those things were just a dream, things that happened to other people, because we've changed and grown so much since.

If I was asked then if I expect to still be with him nine years hence, i'd have probably laughed and said NO.

Yes, am glad i'd have been wrong. And I smile to myself when I think of what a great fool I was before, but not fool enough to have turned him off forever, nor foolish enough not to have given him (us) several chances.

Lines from the song YOU'RE STILL THE ONE come to mind...

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my Baby
We might have took the long way
But we knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet,
They'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
Still together
Still growing strong

You're still the one I run to
The only one I belong to
The only one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
The only one I kiss goodnight



Love you, Baby.

No comments: