Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sick Babies and Restless Nights

I never fully appreciated what friends meant when they say that their child kept them up all night because the child was sick. I mean, I just always thought that the child kept waking up.

It was only after we became parents that I realized how even having two of us there for Yakee will result in hubs' being really late for work, or worse, also unable to go to work from sleep-deprived migraine.

And am sure we've had it bad already before but last night is either the worst or of one the worsts ever. Poor Yakee kept waking up and crying every 10-20 minutes or so. He only got rest around 6 AM and woke up at 9 AM running a high fever (38.9). His pedia assured me that the fever isn't due to his varicella vaccine so it looks like my son has just caught a new bug.

Pappie, who wasn't feeling well to start with, camped in the living room at 4 AM to get some sleep.

It looks like its a long day ahead for me still. I just hope Pappie isn't sick too and that my cousin will be able to coax my son to eat. I need sleep as well. But more than that, I really need to pee asap.

No comments: