Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Loving each Other In Yakee's Presence

I have to admit, that while hubs is toiling his hours away to bring home the bacon, I caught up with my gossip.

Love you Pappie.

Anyway, I liked what Julia Roberts said in one of her recent interviews. “The coolest thing you can do for your children is to love each other in their presence,” she said. She further elaborated that when her kids are being sweet towards her, it's all her husband being emulated by her kids.

I know for a fact that hubs can be the showiest of showy people. And I am generally known to be just as physically amorous. And hubs is always generous with his compliments, even when I don't deserve them.

So hopefully, aside from being sweet naturally, part of why Yakee likes to hug people and smile is because he sees his parents doing it to each other. So yeah, this poses a challenge to us to be kinder and sweeter to each other so that our child will know that being such IS good, and by being one, he'd recreate a version of home wherever he may be.

No comments: