Thursday, September 10, 2009

Challenges

I woke up with a back pain radiating from my right buttock up to my spine last Tuesday. Twas bad enough that I go numb, weak and dizzy when I even try carrying Yakee. Hubs insisted I go for a check-up the following day.

So I did and was given pain relievers. I had told the doctor I was highly allergic to Ibuprofen and Mefenamic Acid. She gave me Iskelan. I didn't want to really take anything but I also didn't want to inconvenience everyone, esply hubby, by wobbling about in pain. But I did wait for hubby to get home first before I took any, in case I had reactions.

Well, turned out I was also highly allergic to Iskelan. Taking Claritin didn't help and by the time hubs brought me to the hospital, my eyes were already shut again, I was coughing so hard because my nose and throat were constricting, my stomach was cramping and I was itchy all over. I must have received 5-7 shots of adrenaline, steroids and antihistamines in the four hours I was at the ER.

And now am taking more meds which prevent me from breastfeeding. It's a challenge for mebecause it really breaks my heart.

It's a challenge for Pappie, because he has to take care of both of us, and also be involved in making sure Yakee doesn't rage about not being able to breastfeed.

It's stressful for Yakee, but he's been a trooper about it so far. He'd cry and throw a fit but never really raged yet. he'd either eat or sleep the stress away.

Sigh.

It's so hard when a nursing Mom gets sick! And allergies really suck!

No comments: