Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Pappie

This is a tad late. Pappie turned 33 yesterday and I really feel sorry about not having anything prepared for him since am still exhausted with our son's ear infection.

Anyway...

Last March 10, 2002, I posted this in Pinoyexchange:

i grew up being told that my Dad literally jumped and cried over me when i was born.....and all my life, God reminds me just how much my Dad is still jumping and crying over me...his firstborn...

and all my life too, i've been looking for a man who i know will also jump and cry over the birth of his kids.....

i don't want a man holding a camera.....or a videocam....i just want him excited and praying and crying and loving me....


Pappie was holding a camera when our son was born. And I don't think he jumped. But he cried for joy and gratitude. And ever since then, he has become a hundred times more loving, more gentle, more patient.

I couldn't have chosen better for my son's father. And I couldn't have been happier with my choice of partner. So Pappie, despite all the dreams we have that have yet to be realized, despite all the cramming for times of togetherness and adjusting to a limited budget, despite the other things that we are still working on, are not happy about, or have yet to fulfill... know that Yakee and I are blessed to be your family.

And we wish you nothing but rewards for all the sacrifice you make... and a great many years to enjoy you, and be enjoyed by you :)

No comments: