Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Misc FB Updates for 2012 Ending

The difference 34 years make on one's energy levels at 2 in the afternoon, at a farm.

Love you, Pappie Jojo




*~*

When Pappie got home late last night he asked me..."lick the box or lick the cellophane?"

What do you think he brought for me all the way from Tayabas? :)




*~*

I am going to leave the house now lest I don't stop online shopping...

But I really hope you will enjoy your gift Pappie Jojo... kahit na magkakasamang birthday, Christmas and anniv gift na sya :D




*~*
A
 Mom who just gave birth to her baby last night was in the jeep I took home coming from Rob, she still had her hospital tags on from giving birth at OsMa. I watched her looking at her newborn with resignation, observed that she was going home alone, her baby in shabby clothes, her bag shabbier still... and I realized yet again how blessed I was to have given birth twice and able then to just look at my babies with wonder and gratitude, with nary a worry about how I will provide for them.

I thank God for the privilege... I thank hubby Jojo for providing our every need... I thank our families of origin for showering us with love and support this whole time.

Weird that it hurts me too that others cannot be as lucky.


Thank you mahal for this gift... And making all my baking dreams come true :)

*~*
 
The consequence of being out every day the last few days are whiny kids vying for attention and acting out over every little thing.

Bigyan ko kaya ng isa pang kapatid? Wahahaha


*~*
Mec Camitan Arevalo because we pray first and read a book or two to the boys before sleeping, it seems that Yamee had associated the two activities together... He was making the sign of the cross before opening his second book.

*~*

P4k worth of purchases at All About Baking... Baka ibalik ni hubs ang oven ko! Haha

*~*

Thanks to Imagine Nation Photography and N@W for this great fam pic :)

*~*

The N@Wies have done goodwork this Christmas by donating toys to the needy of Manila. A Joyous Christmas to ALL. Thank you to my beautiful wife Mec and the forsight of Ms. Benz to bring wonderful people together.


*~*

The house smells of cypress and pine because we have this Advent wreath to finish later. 



I really love how Waldorf is gently leading me to be more intentional with rituals and celebrations.

*~*

Haha... Proud of Pappie!


*~*

Our Advent rituals still leave much to be desired... But this is a start.


*~*

So thankful for having watched RISE OF THE GUARDIANS with the boys... My fave part of the movie: that teeth contain our memories.

*~*

God.. You know my needs and wants, my troubles and pains, please help me help myself. I ask the same for my loved ones and friends.

And I thank you for the happy problem of raising two healthy boys. I know, I am blessed.


*~*

Trabahong tamad lang, haha, but I think the boys will love this when they see it.
 


 And I will give them 5 minutes before baby Jesus goes missing.

 *~*

I thought there can be no better Christmas blessing than to have my parents and sis home for the holidays. But after a health scare and then getting cleared... I am really more thankful and humbled for being so blessed.

*~*


We had to finish what we started before heading out. Merry CHRISTMAS everyone... May we all give from the heart today, not just of material things but also things like mercy, forgiveness, second chances and the benefit of the doubt

*~*

There was none of the usual festive air for we didn't have a tree, didn't wake to oldies Christmas music and the Noche Buena feast wasn't all cooked by lunch... Unlike all those Christmases ago. There wasn't even a proper exchange gift giving.

Still, we ended up feasting on noche buena staples from my growing up years: sotanghon soup, hot cocoa and pineapple ham.

I didn't feel like a child again... But I thank God for letting me come from this particular family. And I thank God for the gift of my present family.

Merry Christmas to all!

*~*

This came with our tour guide yesterday... Something hubby arranged to surprise me with.

Needless to say.. I was swept off my feet :-)



*~*

Some perspective...
My nephew's last day on earth, 27 December 2006, was the day he joined our Maker and became an angel.

My last day as a single woman, 28 December 2005, was the same day that I started to build the family I have now.

The anniversaries may not be comparable for many... But they are what they are: part of God's bigger and more perfect plan.


*~*

Wee hours into the last day of 2012. I am beset by some concerns while at the same time brimming with gratitude over blessings that I actually do not have a dominant emotion. But both stem from the fact that I have love in my life...

... and I guess that should be enough for me to face whatever the new year will bring with excitement and wonder, maybe even impatience. :)

No comments: