Friday, March 14, 2008

Eight Years




Hubs came home last night bearing the above cake. Eight years ago, hubs and I agreed to go steady over a phone conversation. It was silly really, I only met him a few days before and only seen im once, and I was blabbing about how feelings can't be planned.

We both weren't looking for someone to love.

And the road that led to our marriage was filled with detours, stumbling blocks, even brick walls. And through the years, my true love snapshot of him still hasn't changed.

But his face looming over me at the Operating Room when Yakee was about to be yanked out of me, hearing a whispered 'I LOVE YOU' and seeing tears in his eyes... that comes a close second.

Love you, Baby. With you, I also knew wonderful. And beautiful. And hopeful.

The best is yet to come.

No comments: